Sunday, October 23, 2016

Joyful Sundays #9



Hello, everyone!

My apologies for not posting a Joyful Sundays last week. It was my last week of vacation and I was super busy with signing up for classes and all that stuff. There was a problem with the registering system and now my Uni schedule is awful haha

That being said, today’s Joyful Sunday will feature the things that brought me joy during the past two weeks.

These are the things that brought me lots of joy during these past two weeks:


1.- I began reading All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. This is the biggest book on my shelves! My friend and I call it “The Monster” *laughs*. I’m still reading it, and I’m really enjoying it.


2.- Re-arranging family photo-albums. I have in my possession two huge crates filled with photos, and we also have a lot of albums in my house. My plan was to re-arrange them all and see if we need more albums, but I kind of failed at it and ended up just smiling at the pictures and remembering the moments.


3.- Baking strawberry-filled chocolate cupcakes! According to the judges (a.k.a my parents), they were delicious, but they didn’t look like I wanted them to look. Maybe it was because I mixed the strawberries with sugar, and that caused them to turn into some kind of jelly. I’ll make them again, and share the recipe with you, guys!


4.- Brandy and Mr. Whisker’s games. I remember that, when I was little, I loved playing these games on the Disney Channel’s website. They don’t have these games there now, so I had to Google them… And I found them! And I spent a good amount of time playing Jungle Eggventure and Jumpin’ Jungle Party. Here’s the link, if you’d like to play them too: Brandy and Mr. Whisker's Games.


5.- Rise of The Guardians. Even though I never believed in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny, I’ve always loved the idea of these fantasy figures being real. And it makes me happy that, in this movie, all these characters get together to protect the children.
You see, I actually have mixed feelings about believing or not in these figures, but I’ll leave that for another post.

6.- I had KFC! Okay, yes, I know. You might be thinking: “But that’s so unhealthyyyyyy!”. Well, I was craving KFC for almost a month and I had to do something about it. My friend and I went to the Mall for lunch and shared a KFC box. It had spicy wings, French fries, coleslaw, and an Original Recipe chicken breast for her and an Extra Crispy chicken drumstick for me.

7.- I bought two books! The same day my friend and I went out for lunch, we visited a bookshop. I got The Art of War by Sun Tzu (required reading for my Strategic Management class), and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews.


8.- The Princess Diaries 1 & 2. These have to be my favorite Disney films. I can watch them over and over and never get tired of them. I love the performances by Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway and Héctor Elizondo… I JUST LOVE THESE FILMS!

9.- Going on a hike with my aunt. We went to Bosque Protector Cerro Blanco and walked for almost two hours. We saw different types of trees, some of them were humongous, different types of flowers, lizards, and birds.

10.- Having cereal for breakfast. It might not sound like a huge deal to you, but I haven’t eaten cereal for more than half a year! So I served myself a generous bowl, added milk, a drizzle of honey, and a sliced banana. It was delicious!


And these are all the things that brought me joy during these past two weeks!

I think I might start posting Joyful Sundays every two weeks because, now that I’m back in Uni, there’s not much time to do anything else that isn’t Uni related. We’ll see how things turn out!

What brought you joy during this week?

Lots of Love,

Salha

4 comments:

  1. All the Light we Cannot See is SO good! One of my few 5-starred ratings of last year :).

    I saw Rise of The Guardians a couple of weeks ago and really liked the concept of them all getting together to fight crime as well. And the evil guy was really evil! Cupcakes, KFC, and Cereal with banana...sigh, I just ate, but now I'm hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more than sure that I'll give it 5 stars as well! I'm loving it!

      Rise of The Guardians has become one of my favorite animated films. I really liked the whole concept of the movie.

      Delete
  2. I love this post filled with joy! :) I should do this to stay on the positive side of life! :)
    OMG strawberry-filled chocolate cupcakes??? It must taste like heaven!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend you to do this! It really does help to keep yourself positive.

      Delete